Floor Care Tips
Hard Floor Care Tips
- Well-maintained entrance mats can capture up to 70% of all the dirt that enters a building.
- Always mop or autoscrub a floor prior to burnishing. NEVER burnish a dirty floor.
- When stripping a floor, the floor must remain wet while the stripper is allowed dwell time.
- When stripping a floor, it is important to tape off areas that you do not want the stripper to touch. A combination of tape and cardboard works well.
- Large areas should be stripped in stages to make the job more manageable.
- Save leftover stripper to clean the wringer from your finish bucket. This will keep all mop wringers in good condition.
- Plastic liners are recommended for your finish bucket because they prevent contamination of the floor finish
- Rayon or rayon blend mops work best for finish application.
- To prevent floor finish buildup around the edges, do not apply finish wall-to-wall on every coat. Instead, stay six inches from the wall on intermediate coats.
Croaker is proud to carry several floor finishes from Buckeye, International!
All Buckeye floor finishes and sealers are non-powdering, non-yellowing, self-leveling, and U.L. listed for slip resistance. Buckeye floor finishes are designed for superior performance and reduced stripping frequencies.
Contact Croaker for all your floor care needs!